Friday, September 20, 2013

More Quiet Book pages

I added to the pages for the Quiet Book - some of these ideas are found on other sites for quiet books and some I came up with myself . . .



Flap page - cat has buttons on legs - they move back and forth.



Little owl can tuck into tree trunk flap reveals small bird on nest




Originally my daughter wanted ribbons on all the loose pieces so nothing would drop away and be lost  but as the children played with these pages the ribbons wrapped around each other creating knots and causing frustration. She ended up cutting off the ribbons. I used magnets sewn under socks for matching. The last two ideas came from http://www.imagineourlife.com/quiet-book-patterns/




This is my own design - the bugs are buttons with black flocking - this page caused another "Hi!" from the little one as she turned over the flap and found a bug underneath for the first time.



Flap door with a loop and button closure. The top of the boat has a shelf the animals and Noah can sit down in. Idea from here: sewingbelle.blogspot.com/2010/02/quiet-book_22.html





Large snaps and flap birdhouse

1 comment: