Friday, July 22, 2016

"My Bible Quiet Book" on sale in my Etsy shop!

I finally finished my Bible theme Quiet Books!  I have them for sale in my shop:

https://www.etsy.com/shop/MonicaMinto

I had a lot of fun with the many hours of handwork and embroidery represented in these ten pages.

After watching my own granddaughters play with the quiet books I made for them, I decided to design the ones I would sell a little differently. Mainly, I do not have lots of little pieces that can get lost or have to be picked up. Especially if this book is used as a tool for teaching small children to sit still in church. There are finger puppets on the last page that are removable, however.  The main activities are flaps with objects hidden underneath or pieces that tuck into another piece. These are attached with a ribbon. The little bee slides up and down the ribbon above the flowers as do the bead "raindrops" above the ark.

I have also included a reference sheet under plastic on the back page with scripture passages for each activity page. This could be used as a starting place in teaching your child these important Bible stories and lessons.








1 comment:

  1. beautiful can't afford for my grandchildren but would buy if I could in fact for buy at least one for my church's nursery classes Thank you so much for a great example

    ReplyDelete