Thursday, March 9, 2017

New fabric art work

New designs are in my Etsy store of quilt squares with pen and ink drawing on fabric. Having lived in the southwest as a child and in the recent past, I am featuring birds, animals and plants found in desert.


      I had a number of window feeders for the many hummingbirds who would come for my homemade nectar - sometimes in the summer I would make 9 cups of sugar water a week to keep them all coming back.





Cracked corn and a basin of water would encourage the quail to feed in my rock yard giving me the chance to watch the large families of adults with baby chicks running behind.



This is the first of a series of 'sea theme' quilt squares I plan to do - gulls, shells, lighthouses. . .



Sea Fever

BY JOHN MASEFIELD
I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by;
And the wheel’s kick and the wind’s song and the white sail’s shaking,
And a grey mist on the sea’s face, and a grey dawn breaking.

I must go down to the seas again, for the call of the running tide
Is a wild call and a clear call that may not be denied; 
And all I ask is a windy day with the white clouds flying,
And the flung spray and the blown spume, and the sea-gulls crying.

I must go down to the seas again, to the vagrant gypsy life,
To the gull’s way and the whale’s way where the wind’s like a whetted knife;
And all I ask is a merry yarn from a laughing fellow-rover,

And quiet sleep and a sweet dream when the long trick’s over.



No comments:

Post a Comment