Monday, May 15, 2017

Wellie Wisher sandals

I purchased the pattern Grace's Gifts: Sweet Sandals by Becky Colvin. These little sandals fit 14.5" doll like the Wellie Wisher and Heart for Heart dolls. As I began making a pair I ended up changing the heel area to a tab and also trying different straps across the toe. These stay on the doll's foot nicely because the tab is strong being made of a fabric sewn over card stock.  It would be frustrating for a child to have the shoes slipping off when trying to dress her doll. Even the shoe with the band across the toe stays on the doll pretty well since I made them fit tightly. See the last picture for the snug fit.
I plan to have matching shoes to go with my english smocked dresses in my shop. There are about 10 different smocked pieces on my worktable right now but at least two finished dresses are presently available.







No comments:

Post a Comment